Todays blog is a little different from what I intended but I felt this needed to be addressed as I myself am a renter and I would of loved this blog before renting.
These are some tips I would like to give :
- House or flat?:- A house and a flat are not much different apart from the stairs. I would say do what suits you however if your in the uk the more bedrooms you have the more tax. Therefore I would have enough rooms too suit you for instance – your going to be living with your partner first off look for a home which is only one bedroom because it would suit you to only have one bedroom.
- check the property out- before laying down any of that hard earned cash check the property. yes rightmove may make this dump of a flat look like a castle … believe it or not a lot of people do not check out the property first. Also check it has everything you need and you can have your pets or children! our flat said no pets but turns out three fish and two hamsters do not count as pets as long as they do not run about.. check with the landlord first though!
- What too look for?- wonky door? broken cupboard? leaking sink?- check these little things and make a note of it before you rent, when you rent and after you rent and take pictures… landlords can be crafty people however most are lovely genuine people.
- letting- the letting process will take a while and is nerve racking. You will be asked for a referee, your job will have a phone call and they will check your last 6 months of banking statements. They are very picky and therefore before you give the company the fee for the checking of this make sure you are certain that it will go through.
- keys- the keys will hopefully be given too you and a lot of paper will be signed. once this has done check the property again and take pictures before notifying anything that had a fault before you moved to the landlord.
- Enjoy- remember moving is stressful but enjoy your first weeks in your new home!
so theres some tips , wnat anymore just ask. whats your tips? love soap xoxox